Hey Guys!!!

I believe in being well rounded, being big and strong, yet flexible, explosive, agile, and able to easily complete a simple 5k. And everything in my blog will reflect this mentality and help you achieve the optimal body capable of anything and everything. I have my dad who has a masters degree education of Kinesiology to back up my work :) not just some teenager giving workout tips xP I don't claim to be a bodybuilder, i just love working out, exercising, and anything involved with physical activity :D I just want to share my knowledge of physical performance in hope that it helps you :D leave any comments or questions about any subject you'd like me to research, discuss or address :) exercising should be fun, and I would love to make it that way :D so if you want some helpful hints and tips to get the most out of every workout, this is the place for you :D There is no substitution for hard work, but i can help you get the most out of it :)

Me

Me

Friday, August 5, 2011

Eccentric vs. Concentric Lifting

Eccentric lifting (or negative lifts) is merely slowing down the movement on the eccentric portion of a lift, such as during a bench press, you would count to about 5 or 6 as you lower the bar to your chest and explode up. During the eccentric phase of a lift, the muscle becomes more stretched out, there is more stress on the muscle, which ultimately targets more fibers of the muscle. Therefore, it is imperative that you include eccentric lifting in your workouts for one: periodization (as previously mentioned in the blog) and two: increase the benefits of your workouts and build hypertrophy (muscle size) faster and in a larger amount.

by straining more muscle fibers during eccentric lifting, you create more microscopic tears in your muscles, which is how your muscles become stronger and larger.
(I will be posting videos soon of my eccentric workouts to show you an example :))

However, you must also implement concentric lifting (lifting normal speed) in order to periodize your workout as well as improve your explosive power instead of pure strength.

Last tips: you must also focus on properly breathing (exhaling on the lift up and inhaling on the way down) to maximize your muscle development along with full range of motion. You must perform each exercise all the way up and all the way down to receive the full benefits of the workout. Try out the eccentric lifting and I guarantee you will be more sore and see a significant difference in your size and strength :)

http://www.thepumpingstation.com/anatomy.html

No comments:

Post a Comment